- Name: Harmful UI
- Theme: Resocialized media
- Status: Ideation
- Affiliation: Unofficial
- Original idea: micheleminno
- Coordinator: TBD
- General discussion: forum topic 1, forum topic 2
- Resources: document, original proposal
- Open issues: github
Create and share infographics about harmful building blocks of social media UIs that cause addiction / distraction to users.
- Reach a large audience of hard social media users, using their common channels
- All people that spend more than 2 hrs/day on their smartphone.
- Office workers that are behind their screens all day
- Views/likes on social channels
- No retrospective has been held yet. The first retrospective is planned at [retrospective date].
Some infographics to increase awareness about how social media (and other sites) are designed in order to attract and distract users.
The following infographics have been realised and published on HTC social channels.
Ideas about next infographics: github
This is a complex campaign. Besides the (not too long) description, provide a link to a separate strategy document.
Additionally you can point to general strategy resources in the
- No funding is required to execute this campaign.
- Cognitive and behavioural science pattern that are implemented in social media (see forum listing)