- Name: Mankind 2.0
- General discussion: Community forum topic
- Github: resources, original proposal (and here)
Raising awareness of the impact of technology on our society by producing unsettling or jarring experiences resulting from a wide disparity between what was expected and what the real situation turns out to be.
- Smartphone addiction
- Social media addiction
- Social credits
- (More to come; all ‘Harms of Technology’ apply)
Shock the audience
Lead to introspection and questioning
Make the audience think and reach their own conclusions
Provoke, rather than convince
This theme is based on the following principles:
- Not to push a certain agenda, or lecture the target audience
- Instead, provoke introspection and lead the audience to reach their own conclusions as to whether they are comfortable with the impact of such and such aspect of technology on their lives
- Acknowledge that we have become a very different society in a very short time and ask the question: “Should we consider this more carefully?”
- This theme does not require a high-level strategy. Strategies can be found on individual campaigns.
- Reality Shock - Using short, dramatic video’s to shock people into awareness
- This theme has no additional resources yet. Please edit or comment to add your relevant links.