1) Fork this repository, then clone your fork to make changes on your local machine. See here for help on forking and keeping your fork synced.
2) Install bundler and jekyll gems.
gem install bundler jekyll If this command fails because you do not have ruby on your machine, follow the [instructions to install ruby](https://www.ruby-lang.org/en/documentation/installation/).
3) Install dependencies for this project.
4) Start jekyll to build the site and make it available on a local server. You should be able to see it running at http://localhost:4000
bundle exec jekyll serve
5) Once your changes are ready, you’ll make a pull request (PR) to have your changes reviewed by one of the maintainers who can merge the changes to the production website.
6) Check out the issues tab for open tickets you might be able to help with, especially if there are any with the tag!
Docs / Resources
On top of jekyll, we also use a theme called Minimal Mistakes which provides a lot of useful functionality.
Tips / Tricks
- remember that any changes to
_config.ymlwill require you to restart jekyll in order to take effect!